20 March 2012

Nepal - Back in Pokhara

I loved to see the school girls at the next building next door to our hotel combing and putting up their hair, using a window as a mirror. Finally, I paid attention when driving by on the way to launch. The sign outside confirmed my suspicion; it was a boarding school.


Cows eating cardboard. Poor beasts. Cows are sacred in Nepal. They wander free in the streets, although I think they did have owners. At least once I saw a cow in the middle of the street with cars weaving around it. It could ignore all the honking horns with no repercussions to fear. Lucky beast.


Sweet Memories - my favorite restaurant. Mostly ate here for breakfast. They had fast internet in the morning, yummy masala tea and muesli curd with fruit, and two cute girls who waited tables before and after school.


Conrad and Mark with their muesli and yogurt (curd in Nepal).


Spices and other goodies in Mahindrapul, the main shopping district in Pokhara. The bags were full of spices, spice mixes, small dried coconuts and various rock salts--white, pink, black. I bought a couple of the coconuts. They were really good.


A view of the edge of town. It was as if houses were just popping up in the middle of the fields.


Bike and thatched roof.

No comments: